Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pomade Review - Tancho Pomade

I went on an adventure to Mustafa Center last week, looking for something new. And I stumbled upon a pomade that everyone would use back in the day. Showing my dad my loot for the day, my dad was surprised to see that Tancho Pomade could still be found in local stores.

Tancho pomade is made up Castor oil, Japan wax (????), fragrance, VHT, D&C Green No.6 (CI.61565), D&C Yellow No.11 (CI.47000). And it prides itself in it being a 'Pure Vegetable Nourishing Pomade'. Castor oil, being tasteless and odorless, is seen to have medicinal properties, and also prevents hair loss.

Upon opening, you would see a plastic seal which proves that the products has not been tampered with, and acts as a seal to seal in the freshness. The pomade gives off a slight menthol-peppermint smell and a slight whiff of "old manliness" (sorry for the terrible photograph, with the angpow and all)

Scooping some of the pomade into my hands, Tancho Pomade offers a different texture as compared to Uppercut or Layrite - somewhat much, much more oily and softer. The pomade was easy to spread onto my palms, and could be applied to my hair without much effort.
I thought that Tancho Pomade would not hold up as well as other more well known pomades. But I was proved wrong. It gave my hair a reasonable amount of hold, and it held my short asian spikes down. However, it did not hold too well when exposed to heat for a period of time. But a comb always comes in handy. I would highly recommend this product for gentlemen who appreciates the backcomb and slick sides. 

Till Next Time


12 comments:

  1. hi, I'm wondering.. where can I buy pomade here in the Philippines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's available here in the Philippines. Got mine at watsons

      Delete
    2. Hi! What branch of watsons did you buy the tancho pomade? Thanks!

      Delete
  2. One of the The living legend in Indonesia too... a great classic pomade like RITA, Tokyo NIght Lavender etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one from watsons in sm Fairview.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the product is good because its vegetarian n guud smell😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been using it for over a month now, looks like it's my essential product now and the price is dirt cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do I get it in Singapore?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it product helping regrowth hair.thanks for the feedbacks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used this in high school 25 years ago. I can still get it easily in shops in and around Kuala Lumpur... Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...yes,it is trully pomade for man,I'm 63,put it on when I was still in school and uni, recomended for those who want his hair look healthy and black.

    ReplyDelete