Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pomade Review - Dr. Rubin's

Dr. Rubin's Firm Pomade. I was a little afraid to venture into petroleum based pomades, because I have only been using water soluble ones like Layrite and Uppercut Deluxe.  Dr. Rubin's Firm Pomade is the first petroleum based pomade I have purchased (from Heist's Panic Room)

Dr. Rubin's Firm Pomade is made up of: Beeswax, jojoba oil, almond oil, coconut oil, petroleum jelly and fragrance. Dr. Rubin's takes pride in its hard assurance of being 100% natural, with no additives, preservatives or artificial anything.  The pomade is served to you in a 36m brass like tin. Once opened, you will be greeted with a sweet smelling fragrance of coconut and vanilla.

I was used to being able to get pomade out of its container with ease. But for Dr. Rubin's one needs to put in extra effort to get pomade out of the tin. Heat from the friction after spreading pomade into my palms soften the pomade enough for it to be applied to my hair.

After testing it on Chinese New Year's Eve - going through the humidity of the dinner table, with the steam boat and poor air circulation, Dr. Rubin's Firm Pomade stood up to the test. It softened up a little, but still managed to hold my hair in place, even my short sides which tend to spike up stayed down. I would recommend this for Singapore's humid and unpredictable weather, but please carry a comb with you.

One of the main reasons of why I was afraid to venture into petroleum based pomades is because of the fact that it would be a challenge to wash it off. And being an Asian, with naturally thin hair, not being able to wash off products from my hair gets me paranoid, which also gets me thinking that I would end up bald.  Boooy was I wrong! I managed to wash off the pomade with warm (close to hot) water, conditioner and two(2) washes of shampoo.

You can find more products from Heist Pte Ltd .

Till Next Time.



1 comment:

  1. the page has moved to http://thepanicroom.com.sg/webstore/en/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=DR.+RUBIN%27S+&submit_search=Search

    ReplyDelete